HOPE & RESTORATION THROUGH JESUS CHRIST
WHO WE ARE
The Visalia Rescue Mission is a Christian-based non-profit organization. We serve the local community by providing programs, shelters and meals to homeless men, women and children; we sleep on average 130 people each night and serve three meals a day, 365 days a year. We currently serve over 300 meals each day.
We are funded entirely by donations from local organizations, businesses and individuals.
Established in 1981, we represent the Church to the Tulare/Kings County homeless, the formerly incarcerated, and those suffering with addiction.
As we begin our 34th year, we strive daily to:
- Minister the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Serve the total needs of the resident.
- Make disciples in Jesus Christ.
- Prepare residents for return to societal living and become assets to the community.
- Strengthen ties with area evangelical churches and give them opportunities to reach out to the needy on an on-going basis.
- Cooperate with other agencies and organizations (i.e. Tulare County Drug Court, Probation Departments, State Prisons, County Jails) to alleviate hunger, homelessness and substance abuse. This will in no way prohibit or compromise our goal of professing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.